where did everybody go?

Talk about anything here.
kwest93

where did everybody go?

Post by kwest93 »

its been dead for almost a week now and i haven't heard from anyone. is anyone there?
AriX
Site Admin

Re: where did everybody go?

Post by AriX »

Busy with school and other projects!
kwest93

Post by kwest93 »

AriX wrote:Busy with school and other projects!
oh ok. i guess im the only one here who graduated with no college or job.
20CenturyFan

Post by 20CenturyFan »

(Breaks the silence 8-) )

While I am working and in college, I thought I would also mention that I made progress on my "realistic" emulation of Prevue. Check out the youtube video below that i just posted. Sorry for the crappy sound... I recorded this from my TV with my cellphone. I know the clock lags a little bit in the emulator... but I am doing this from a 7 year old laptop with Windows 7, and the single core P4 barely keeps up (it is the only one with TV out).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RlFpdtUuFRk

I have over 260 videos and around 30 songs in my rotation when I have my "emulated" Prevue going on my TV, but for this video, I handpicked the ones in there. The bumpers are from youtube videos (I modified one to make it longer), but the actual movie previews I made myself. If anyone ever gets a chance, get a 2nd screen, either a monitor or TV, and download KMPlayer. The customization of this player is what allowed me to make it appear as if the video was originating from the emulator itself.
joseph_sobora

Post by joseph_sobora »

AriX wrote:Busy with school and other projects!
Same here, very busy!
tin

Post by tin »

Yeah, I got a job as well, which demands pretty much all my time atm. I'm glad to say the code I wrote to pump serial data into prevue came in useful as we needed a system that could pump serial data to a LED wallboard though! So my time wasn't completely wasted :)

I really really want to get the top half trigger codes worked out, and to update pgweb, but when? time will tell! Maybe i'll get a bit of time off at Christmas :)

BTW 20CenturyFan - that video looks really good!
kwest93

Post by kwest93 »

20CenturyFan wrote:(Breaks the silence 8-) )

While I am working and in college, I thought I would also mention that I made progress on my "realistic" emulation of Prevue. Check out the youtube video below that i just posted. Sorry for the crappy sound... I recorded this from my TV with my cellphone. I know the clock lags a little bit in the emulator... but I am doing this from a 7 year old laptop with Windows 7, and the single core P4 barely keeps up (it is the only one with TV out).

I have over 260 videos and around 30 songs in my rotation when I have my "emulated" Prevue going on my TV, but for this video, I handpicked the ones in there. The bumpers are from youtube videos (I modified one to make it longer), but the actual movie previews I made myself. If anyone ever gets a chance, get a 2nd screen, either a monitor or TV, and download KMPlayer. The customization of this player is what allowed me to make it appear as if the video was originating from the emulator itself.
well im happy to see that its going to plan. me i'm not doing anything with it except for figuring out how to get your setup as prevue guide because i'm stuck on the TV Guide Channel., however i am uploading some unheard prevue and sneak prevue music no one else heard. i'm gonna check back when you guys are off.
AriX
Site Admin

Post by AriX »

tin wrote:Yeah, I got a job as well, which demands pretty much all my time atm. I'm glad to say the code I wrote to pump serial data into prevue came in useful as we needed a system that could pump serial data to a LED wallboard though! So my time wasn't completely wasted :)

I really really want to get the top half trigger codes worked out, and to update pgweb, but when? time will tell! Maybe i'll get a bit of time off at Christmas :)

BTW 20CenturyFan - that video looks really good!
Haha, same here. I find that code I wrote or concepts I learned for Prevue come in handy for things a lot. I'm starting a little internet TV channel with my friend Ben, and while it's off-air, it's going to have a "Coming Up" screen, modeled after a simple version of Sneak Prevue. The site is http://watchvertex.com/, but we haven't launched yet.
20CenturyFan

Post by 20CenturyFan »

kwest93 wrote:
20CenturyFan wrote:(Breaks the silence 8-) )

well im happy to see that its going to plan. me i'm not doing anything with it except for figuring out how to get your setup as prevue guide because i'm stuck on the TV Guide Channel., however i am uploading some unheard prevue and sneak prevue music no one else heard. i'm gonna check back when you guys are off.

If you want to emulate the Prevue Guide, Tin and AriX had grpahics on this page...

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=31

If you want the Prevue Channel 1994-1995 era, I have the graphic I used in my video posted later in the same thread (which I recently discovered that woddfellow2 had one like it before I did, and I believe that his looks better, as I could not get my resolution to stay at 640x160 from 640x200)

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=31&start=30

You will have to boot up Amiga Workbench to copy these files from your hard drive to your ADF. The banner in the "banner" drawer, and the enews.uv in the "logos" folder. Another tip, I noticed that all graphic ads display in the order listed in the LOGO.LST file, and the Prevue Guide logo is not the first, thus resulting in one of the TV Guide logos appearing first every time. I put the modified enews.uv first and it shows up first every time now. If requested, I will also post the Coca-Cola ad that I have featured in my example video for you to use. My plan is to phase out all TV Guide related elements from the disk.

Believe me, it took me the entire month to get to the point that I am at now. Had all this stuff for nearly a year and I am just now figuring out how to use it :lol: But if you need a little bit of walkthrough, I'd be happy to try to help. Your best bet would be to backup your work frequently, and to just experiment with trial and error. I made alot of mistakes at first, but I also learned, and when I felt that I mastered one thing I moved to the next. That's all it takes to get the ball rolling.

I wish everyone else luck on their projects!
Bolt96

Post by Bolt96 »

This is a pretty nifty program you discovered there! Though how did you manage to get the player itself to disappear when the audio shuffled through?