Spam..

Talk about anything here.
Bolt96

Spam..

Post by Bolt96 »

AriX reply to this at your leisure but I've noticed an intense amount of spam at once lately. Is this just a coincidence that all of this spam has come about within the past 24 hours, or do you have to put up with this frequently and remove it everyday?
tin

Re: Spam..

Post by tin »

Trying to keep up with it, but there's a sudden increase. I think the script kiddies have found a new script ;)
usotsuki

Post by usotsuki »

Ain't just this forum either. At least the forum tied to my IRC network, and one other phpbb forum I'm a regular at, just got swamped.
AriX
Site Admin

Post by AriX »

Bolt96 wrote:AriX reply to this at your leisure but I've noticed an intense amount of spam at once lately. Is this just a coincidence that all of this spam has come about within the past 24 hours, or do you have to put up with this frequently and remove it everyday?
It's not just you, there's been a huge upswing in spam in the past few days. In the past, there has been occasional spam here, but right now it's pretty constant. Yesterday I updated the forum and switched to a new captcha, but I don't think it's helped all too much. I'm going to have to look into a better solution.

UPDATE: Just switched to Q&A validation. Let's see if this works any better.
Eduardo

Post by Eduardo »

The wiki is suffering a lot of spam too :(
AriX
Site Admin

Post by AriX »

Eduardo wrote:The wiki is suffering a lot of spam too :(
Yep - not too hard to revert though, and it's not that often now. It was insane before I forced user registration, of course.

On a brighter note, there has been zero spam on the forums since I changed the user registration.