Progress

Talk about anything here.
AriX
Site Admin

Progress

Post by AriX »

We've been a bit lacking on progress lately, so I thought I'd just give you guys an update. I (still, as always) have some hardware/software deals and contacts pending, so new stuff could happen at any time, but I will not be able to focus on any Prevue-related software development/reverse engineering for likely upwards of a month because of some projects that I need to stick on the front burner. Of course, feel free to work on stuff while I'm gone, and I'll check back from time to time... Hope to see you back here in a month!
tin

Re: Progress

Post by tin »

I'm currently and unexpectedly in the same boat. Depending on what happens IRL over the next month or so, I should be able to cook up something with any luck. It won't be on the level of AriX's work but might help in a bit of the collaborative effort.

GL with whatever you're up to at the moment AriX, and see you soon!!!
rudyvalencia

Post by rudyvalencia »

I've already been working on some PHP-based code to generate "C" and "P" listings, but it's still rather rudimentary. Hopefully, I can expand it to allow for more than just basic channels and programs without flags. So far though, it's been interesting. I figured out how to output hexadecimal - sprintf("%02X", $message); - and that allows me to have listings I can put in a file and redirect the contents of it to the serial port using DOS (or Linux, if I wanted).
AriX
Site Admin

Post by AriX »

rudyvalencia wrote:I've already been working on some PHP-based code to generate "C" and "P" listings, but it's still rather rudimentary. Hopefully, I can expand it to allow for more than just basic channels and programs without flags. So far though, it's been interesting. I figured out how to output hexadecimal - sprintf("%02X", $message); - and that allows me to have listings I can put in a file and redirect the contents of it to the serial port using DOS (or Linux, if I wanted).
Here's what I was using when I was doing it in PHP. I think I found it somewhere on the internet, I don't remember.

Code: Select all

function hex2bin($h) {
    if (!is_string($h)) return null;
    $r='';
    for ($a=0; $a<strlen($h); $a+=2) { $r.=chr(hexdec($h{$a}.$h{($a+1)})); }
    return $r;
}
And here's what I'm using to generate curday (which may or may not be right... again, I'm not using PHP anymore)

Code: Select all

$curday = date('z')+1;
if ($curday >= 256) $curday = $curday-256;
echo hex2bin(dechex($curday));