New simulator ;)

Discuss Prevue simulation here.
Bolt96

Re: New simulator ;)

Post by Bolt96 »

AriX wrote:
Bolt96 wrote:Wow very good work! :) I never would've guessed it was java. Out of curiosity how will the simulator eventually be customized for different areas? Will it use the prevueguide.com web server AriX created?
It's not Java... It's JavaScript ;)
Surprisingly, there's actually a big difference (despite the name, the two are not really related at all).
Lol yeah sorry, I meant JavaScript. :P
tin

Post by tin »

Simulator updated :)

Now it wraps text properly (or very nearly properly) and puts the << and >> arrows in correctly. I also corrected the date and a couple of glitches. I also figured out what was going wrong with the mythtv program table parser, so it now shows a full day's worth of programming properly.

I also changed the random code to make videos happen less often as they were properly getting on my nerves ;)

One problem it NEEDS the .fon version of prevueC as there are no << and >> etc glyphs in the .ttf we have so far. Anyone care to create full .ttfs for the good of the project? :mrgreen:
Bolt96

Post by Bolt96 »

tin wrote:Simulator updated :)

Now it wraps text properly (or very nearly properly) and puts the << and >> arrows in correctly. I also corrected the date and a couple of glitches. I also figured out what was going wrong with the mythtv program table parser, so it now shows a full day's worth of programming properly.

I also changed the random code to make videos happen less often as they were properly getting on my nerves ;)

One problem it NEEDS the .fon version of prevueC as there are no << and >> etc glyphs in the .ttf we have so far. Anyone care to create full .ttfs for the good of the project? :mrgreen:
Sorry but can you direct me to the .fon version PrevueC? I had it a while ago but I lost it when I did a XP reinstall.
AriX
Site Admin

Post by AriX »

Bolt96 wrote:Sorry but can you direct me to the .fon version PrevueC? I had it a while ago but I lost it when I did a XP reinstall.
Here it is: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=35&start=20#p1182
Bolt96

Post by Bolt96 »

AriX wrote:
Bolt96 wrote:Sorry but can you direct me to the .fon version PrevueC? I had it a while ago but I lost it when I did a XP reinstall.
No I mean the font used for the listings.
AriX
Site Admin

Post by AriX »

Bolt96 wrote:
AriX wrote:
No I mean the font used for the listings.
Whoops, sorry about that! Here's that one: http://cl.ly/1e2A3i2R171T0E2x1k1w
Bolt96

Post by Bolt96 »

Great, thanks. :)
tin

Post by tin »

Simulator updated again! :)

- Now uses graphics for arrows if full prevuec.fon is not available (bit of a cludge, but I think it will work)
- Now uses Futura-CondensedExtraBold in Safari on Mac/iPad (and others I guess) if can't find prevuec (works on iPad, can't test Mac)
- Music also in MP3 format so should work on Safari on Mac (doesn't on iPad for some reason)
- you can press "A" or "g" like in the real PG to bring up a text or picture ad (just realised that will probably REALLY screw up if a video promo is playing)

also I noted that the prevue.fon that is available has internal name of prevuec(lots of spaces) so there's a slightly modified version at http://no.bonus4u.co.uk/pgweb/PrevueC.fon if you need it.
AriX
Site Admin

Post by AriX »

tin wrote:Simulator updated again! :)

- Now uses graphics for arrows if full prevuec.fon is not available (bit of a cludge, but I think it will work)
- Now uses Futura-CondensedExtraBold in Safari on Mac/iPad (and others I guess) if can't find prevuec (works on iPad, can't test Mac)
- Music also in MP3 format so should work on Safari on Mac (doesn't on iPad for some reason)
- you can press "A" or "g" like in the real PG to bring up a text or picture ad (just realised that will probably REALLY screw up if a video promo is playing)

also I noted that the prevue.fon that is available has internal name of prevuec(lots of spaces) so there's a slightly modified version at http://no.bonus4u.co.uk/pgweb/PrevueC.fon if you need it.
Looks great! Haven't been able to test the music, but the new font stuff looks good, and ads don't look terrible anymore. Maybe you just put some debugging code in, but it appears that when I press anything other than A or g, it pops up an alert telling me the key code and whether or not the shift key is pressed :p
tin

Post by tin »

AriX wrote: Looks great! Haven't been able to test the music, but the new font stuff looks good, and ads don't look terrible anymore. Maybe you just put some debugging code in, but it appears that when I press anything other than A or g, it pops up an alert telling me the key code and whether or not the shift key is pressed :p
OOPS :)