New simulator ;)

Discuss Prevue simulation here.
LocalH

Re: New simulator ;)

Post by LocalH »

Quick question - do you know if this works on the iPod, by chance? I can't really see why not if it works on the iPad, I was just curious. It'd be cool to see it on the nice iPod touch 4G screen :)
AriX
Site Admin

Post by AriX »

LocalH wrote:Quick question - do you know if this works on the iPod, by chance? I can't really see why not if it works on the iPad, I was just curious. It'd be cool to see it on the nice iPod touch 4G screen :)
Works pretty well on my iPhone - a bit slow though. I bet it'd be better with an A5 (which the iPad 2 has, and the next iPhone will too).
tin

Post by tin »

Yeah it's quite slow on my iPad (v1) but there are a LOT of efficiencies I could make in the code, so I am hopeful that I could make it go faster. It also uses about 50 canvasses, half of which it's moving around the screen every 30 milliseconds, so I am sure reducing that would be a good idea. However speed improvement is not really on my list at the moment ;) it may get gradually faster if I realise where I could make efficiencies as I add features or clean up parts of the code.
Matthew Joseph

Post by Matthew Joseph »

I have a tip for you tin, how about instead of curday.txt as said, put monday.txt, tuesday.txt .... So that it will prevent repeating the curday.txt and daily schedule will be effective.
I'm a guy who loves Prevue/TVGC and other stuff like Power Rangers etc.
tin

Post by tin »

Hmm, to be honest the plan is to make it work even more like prevue guide works on the Amiga, so I will be trying to remove the curday.txt file from the whole thing anyway.
Thom32

Post by Thom32 »

How about releasing it as a program?!
Matthew Joseph

Post by Matthew Joseph »

Thom32 wrote:How about releasing it as a program?!
We have already the Amiga version of the program by using WinUAE or UAE emulators. And welcome to the forums, Thom32.
I'm a guy who loves Prevue/TVGC and other stuff like Power Rangers etc.
kwest93

Post by kwest93 »

Matthew Joseph wrote:
We have already the Amiga version of the program by using WinUAE or UAE emulators. And welcome to the forums, Thom32.
not quite. there's another one on android but doesn't work with Prevue yet.
Thom32

Post by Thom32 »

Matthew Joseph wrote:
Well, you should really release it as a program. And thanks, Matt! Ya want to be my friend?
AriX
Site Admin

Post by AriX »

Someday, tin, we will hammer this out so that it works with the real Prevue satellite data (and with my Prevue server...)

I know neither you or I have the time right now, but some day... :D