WinUAE genlock feature?

Discuss the awesomeness of the Prevue Channel, Prevue Interactive, Prevue Networks/United Video Satellite Group, TV Guide Inc., etc. right here.
Matthew Joseph

WinUAE genlock feature?

Post by Matthew Joseph »

Just stumbled up this one while watching some Prevue/TVGC vids. After I saw how the Prevue software's genlock feature works on the real Amiga computers (including this and here in our forums where some tested it and works), I saw a demo video on YouTube about using genlock in WinUAE. While I still didn't test it, the video shows proof that there is a new genlock update on WinUAE (video is published on April 3, 2017), although I'm not confirming this one yet since I didn't test it. While it could be a (possible) big luck for many of us in the forums if once confirmed (or verified), my big question is will the genlock feature in WinUAE work for the Prevue/TVGC software?

Here are some links for reference: What do you think?
tin

Re: WinUAE genlock feature?

Post by tin »

i believe I have used it. You can play a video in the space that would have shown the satellite feed. Question is how to make use of that function....
Matthew Joseph

Post by Matthew Joseph »

tin wrote: Sun Jan 26, 2020 7:28 pm i believe I have used it. You can play a video in the space that would have shown the satellite feed. Question is how to make use of that function....
Yes. Maybe if I have free time, I'll try to test it out soon.
Matthew Joseph

Post by Matthew Joseph »

Yey! It worked with the Prevue/TVGC software on WinUAE with genlock. Now with the Prevue vid test. (P.S. the only channel is the copyright function. I have two channels in the current curday.dat file, but currently its only for serial input only.)
genlock.png
genlock.png (130.53 KiB) Viewed 3519 times
UPDATE: Now it works with the sender. No pic, but also with genlock.
PrevueNetworks

Post by PrevueNetworks »

Grumpz wrote: Tue Feb 04, 2020 12:40 pm How did you do this? I want to put video on my tv guide too.
He used the latest version of WinUAE.
PrevueNetworks

Post by PrevueNetworks »

Grumpz wrote: Tue Feb 04, 2020 7:52 pm I cant play video using genlock, how do use a video file with this, or what format does it need to be?
It needs to be AVI in order to work.
Matthew Joseph

Post by Matthew Joseph »

PrevueNetworks wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 3:03 pm
Grumpz wrote: Tue Feb 04, 2020 7:52 pm I cant play video using genlock, how do use a video file with this, or what format does it need to be?
It needs to be AVI in order to work.
Yup. I tried using .mp4 but with no luck.