TV Guide Discontinuing EPG?

Discuss the awesomeness of the Prevue Channel, Prevue Interactive, Prevue Networks/United Video Satellite Group, TV Guide Inc., etc. right here.
JoeTheDragon

Re: TV Guide Discontinuing EPG?

Post by JoeTheDragon »

tin wrote:They really ought to consider setting up another channel with the listings on it and make what this is turning into a separate service surely? Maybe it's the cable companies that are losing the plot and think they don't want such a service, I dunno.
The cable box has the guide and getting rid of this free up rack space in the headend.
nwgatwcfan

Post by nwgatwcfan »

In our area, Charter ditched the program listings from our TV guide channel and moved it to digital only status back at the beginning of July. Our only program listings is on our Cable Converter.

I miss the listings though. If you have the listings still, be thankful.

Steven.
AriX
Site Admin

Post by AriX »

JoeTheDragon wrote: The cable box has the guide and getting rid of this free up rack space in the headend.
Not all cable companies have digital cable with an IPG (and some, like Comcast in Philadelphia, are all digital, but not all set-top boxes have IPGs)
SchalaAshtear

Post by SchalaAshtear »

TV Guide Channel on Time Warner in Albany still has the EPG, but it's only two lines and it scrolls once at a time; I still miss the old Blue Grid. =(
~Schala Ashtear
woddfellow2

Post by woddfellow2 »

I believe Cox Communications in Tulsa still offers analogue cable, and still carries TV Guide Network with the listings grid. Also note that the listings grid seen at the beginning of this video contains Tulsa listings.
—xoddf2 | wlair.us.to
AriX
Site Admin

Post by AriX »

woddfellow2 wrote:I believe Cox Communications in Tulsa still offers analogue cable, and still carries TV Guide Network with the listings grid. Also note that the listings grid seen at the beginning of this video contains Tulsa listings.
Yeah, I noticed that - made me kinda happy. But then sad when he shoved it out of the way. :p
woddfellow2

Post by woddfellow2 »

Apparently Cox Communications in Tulsa has moved TV Guide Network to digital only. I do not know how it looks there, but with analogue cable, they are now displaying a message on channel 2 reading "The scrolling channel guide is now available on channel 3." and on channel 3 (normally local origination), there is the 2006–2010 TV Guide Network grid, but they have apparently removed the TV Guide Network branding, and in the top half, I saw what I believe to be the local origination channel.
—xoddf2 | wlair.us.to
AriX
Site Admin

Post by AriX »

woddfellow2 wrote:Apparently Cox Communications in Tulsa has moved TV Guide Network to digital only. I do not know how it looks there, but with analogue cable, they are now displaying a message on channel 2 reading "The scrolling channel guide is now available on channel 3." and on channel 3 (normally local origination), there is the 2006–2010 TV Guide Network grid, but they have apparently removed the TV Guide Network branding, and in the top half, I saw what I believe to be the local origination channel.
Huh. Want to snap some video of it? Or, preferably, record it through something digital (if possible).
woddfellow2

Post by woddfellow2 »

I wish I could, but I have no camera or tuner card or anything. Also, I do not have cable at home (it is not available where I live).
—xoddf2 | wlair.us.to
AriX
Site Admin

Post by AriX »

woddfellow2 wrote:I wish I could, but I have no camera or tuner card or anything. Also, I do not have cable at home (it is not available where I live).
Do you have any sort of camera (i.e. a phone) or know anyone in the area who does?