Why do you personally like prevue guide (in any form)

Discuss the awesomeness of the Prevue Channel, Prevue Interactive, Prevue Networks/United Video Satellite Group, TV Guide Inc., etc. right here.
prevuefan07

Why do you personally like prevue guide (in any form)

Post by prevuefan07 »

For me, I guess I'm just a nostalgia freak. I remember having it in 89-90, then a 16 month lapse from August of 90 to December of 91, when we lived in a town without cable, then finally we got it back! I thought I'd be one o the only ones to really enjoy the service and the music, that there wouldn't be many (if any) other people like me who really like it. For me, it's somewhat symbol of a period (well 2 periods, the second better in 12/91) that was good in my life. And, for some reason, I do kind of like the black background, find it aesthetically pleasing. I had wanted the Prodigy online service then, but didn't get that until August of 93, this was the closest (still pretty far away) thing I had to it. I'm trying to find an emulator of that too.

Our cable system used to cover up any channel we didn't have with prevue guide, someone in my house said "We have like 10 prevue guide channels!" I figured out, inferred, that they covered it up with that, sure beats static. I also remember I knew someone who had a cable tv descrambler and they would impose the news over the prevue channel sometimes, and he couldn't see what was on, ironically, because the black box could get every channel, and if you called and complained, they'd tell you (I or that person never did, thankfully) "Just tune to a channel you don't get and you'll see it"
PrevueFanatic

Re: Why do you personally like prevue guide (in any form)

Post by PrevueFanatic »

The Raw Amiga Computer/WindowsNT Stuff
and the fundimentals of the music and graphics
+ Crashes lol

Bacically, Everything. :D
We Are What's On.
Don't really come on often, i guess it's time to change that.