New Prevue Fonts

Discuss the awesomeness of the Prevue Channel, Prevue Interactive, Prevue Networks/United Video Satellite Group, TV Guide Inc., etc. right here.
PajamaDarkness

Re: New Prevue Fonts

Post by PajamaDarkness »

WeatherSTARIII wrote:Nice! Will the logo font also be converted into a TrueType?
Actually, the "Prevue" 1988 typeface is actually the font "Dodger".

EDIT (about 3 years later): Oh wait, you're referring to TV and Cable logos. In that case, CableDingbats should do just fine (for now, atleast).
Last edited by PajamaDarkness on Tue Jul 16, 2019 2:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
PajamaFrix
Prevuing since 2015.
rudyvalencia

Post by rudyvalencia »

The videos you posted are not good enough to make fonts from. They are also missing many characters.
CPLANAS1985

Post by CPLANAS1985 »

They were only examples... And how else were the others made? :?: :?
rudyvalencia

Post by rudyvalencia »

CPLANAS1985 wrote:They were only examples... And how else were the others made? :?: :?
We have the software for the blue grid version of Prevue Guide, but not the others. I simply traced the letters using my font-making program. To replicate those font styles I'd need a copy of the software that ran those systems.
CPLANAS1985

Post by CPLANAS1985 »

rudyvalencia wrote:
CPLANAS1985 wrote:They were only examples... And how else were the others made? :?: :?
We have the software for the blue grid version of Prevue Guide, but not the others. I simply traced the letters using my font-making program. To replicate those font styles I'd need a copy of the software that ran those systems.
What about the Atari ROMs???
PajamaDarkness

Post by PajamaDarkness »

CPLANAS1985 wrote:
rudyvalencia wrote:
What about the Atari ROMs???
That would be the PrevueList font. Just with some modifications.
PajamaFrix
Prevuing since 2015.