New Prevue Fonts

Discuss the awesomeness of the Prevue Channel, Prevue Interactive, Prevue Networks/United Video Satellite Group, TV Guide Inc., etc. right here.
rudyvalencia
Posts: 23
Joined: Sat May 15, 2010 10:36 pm

New Prevue Fonts

Post by rudyvalencia » Tue Apr 08, 2014 5:20 am

Good news!

Both Prevue Fonts (PrevueC and H26f) are now available in TrueType format! I have renamed them Prevue List (formerly FinalH26f) and Prevue Grid (formerly PrevueC) so that the bitmap versions do not conflict.

You can download both fonts in an easy-to-use Zip file here.

Here are a couple of examples to show the fonts in action:

Image

Edit: Changed links to my new server, effective 12/17/2016
Last edited by rudyvalencia on Sat Dec 17, 2016 7:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.

WeatherSTARIII
Posts: 54
Joined: Sun Oct 24, 2010 7:01 pm

Re: New Prevue Fonts

Post by WeatherSTARIII » Wed Apr 09, 2014 12:11 am

Nice! Will the logo font also be converted into a TrueType?
WeatherSTAR III:
Prevue Guide/EPG fan and classic Weather Channel fan

rudyvalencia
Posts: 23
Joined: Sat May 15, 2010 10:36 pm

Re: New Prevue Fonts

Post by rudyvalencia » Wed Apr 09, 2014 2:40 am

WeatherSTARIII wrote:Nice! Will the logo font also be converted into a TrueType?
The logo font can not be converted to a TrueType font because some of the logos are over 20 years old and there are no EPS/vector images for them.
Also, the font has unusual spacing that is difficult to duplicate in TrueType.

You may want to try CableDingbats instead.

kwest93
Posts: 221
Joined: Sat Aug 27, 2011 2:47 am

Re: New Prevue Fonts

Post by kwest93 » Thu Apr 10, 2014 8:54 am

rudyvalencia wrote:
WeatherSTARIII wrote:Nice! Will the logo font also be converted into a TrueType?
The logo font can not be converted to a TrueType font because some of the logos are over 20 years old and there are no EPS/vector images for them.
Also, the font has unusual spacing that is difficult to duplicate in TrueType.

You may want to try CableDingbats instead.
the font is based on TV logos from 1990!

20CenturyFan
Posts: 93
Joined: Tue Sep 06, 2011 3:36 pm

Re: New Prevue Fonts

Post by 20CenturyFan » Fri Apr 11, 2014 3:43 am

This is awesome! The fonts are looking sharp 8-)

Interesting that there was a "font" for all of those 1990 TV logos. I think it'd be cool to pick a few and use them as logo overlays in VLC player when playing videos...

kwest93
Posts: 221
Joined: Sat Aug 27, 2011 2:47 am

Re: New Prevue Fonts

Post by kwest93 » Fri Apr 11, 2014 5:01 am

20CenturyFan wrote:This is awesome! The fonts are looking sharp 8-)

Interesting that there was a "font" for all of those 1990 TV logos. I think it'd be cool to pick a few and use them as logo overlays in VLC player when playing videos...
that's where rainmeter comes along. i made some overlays with lower thirds and pillar boxes to look FOX-Ish...

tin
Posts: 557
Joined: Sat May 08, 2010 9:54 pm

Re: New Prevue Fonts

Post by tin » Fri Apr 11, 2014 7:18 am

NICE WORK!!! and thanks :)

rudyvalencia
Posts: 23
Joined: Sat May 15, 2010 10:36 pm

Re: New Prevue Fonts

Post by rudyvalencia » Fri Apr 11, 2014 9:58 pm

tin wrote:NICE WORK!!! and thanks :)
You're welcome! :D

PrevueFanatic
Posts: 20
Joined: Sat Dec 12, 2015 12:10 am
Location: Atlanta,GA

Re: New Prevue Fonts

Post by PrevueFanatic » Tue Jan 12, 2016 11:03 am

its not working for me.
Image
Image
We Are What's On.
Don't really come on often, i guess it's time to change that.

rudyvalencia
Posts: 23
Joined: Sat May 15, 2010 10:36 pm

Re: New Prevue Fonts

Post by rudyvalencia » Tue Jan 12, 2016 9:05 pm

PrevueFanatic wrote:its not working for me.
I moved a bunch of stuff off Dropbox, and this was part of it. I have since restored it; sorry for the inconvenience!

Post Reply