[Download] Sneak Prevue LaserDiscs

Discuss the awesomeness of the Prevue Channel, Prevue Interactive, Prevue Networks/United Video Satellite Group, TV Guide Inc., etc. right here.
tin

Re: [Download] Sneak Prevue LaserDiscs

Post by tin »

AriX wrote:
tin wrote:Wow OK so the guy wants to keep some of the discs? why? is he a fan or just thinks they'll be more valuable soon? Has he let slip how he came across the discs? Just wondering if that might be a route to more info, or the massive warehouse piled high with prevue A2000s that we're still yet to stumble upon ;)
He's just a LaserDisc collector and thought they were cool and wanted to keep them. I offered him a decent amount of $$ to take them all off his hands, but he wasn't going for it, haha. He was a super nice guy though, and provided a digital capture of the one he didn't want to give up.

He's the one who found them in the thrift shop ;)
Heheh cool, I guess you never know how much stuff is going to be worth, can't see Sneak Prevue being very valuable at all ever, but I guess he's hedging his bets :)
AriX
Site Admin

Post by AriX »

New disc! (added to the first post, but here it is)

May 1997 (C Disc Version)
YouTube videos: [Promo, Ident (MediaOne), Ident (Continental CableVision), Ident (Comcast), Ident (Comcast Home Video), Ident (Comcast Home Theater), Ident (Cox Communications)]
Raw LaserDisc

This one is interesting for its relative lack of content; it seems to have a lot of dead air and lacks ReelTalk or the Sneak Prevue "hosts." It is also labeled "C Disc Version" and shares its title card background image with my disc from '96.

I have one more coming (August 1997), though I don't have my capture hardware with me so it might have to wait a little while (unless you guys want me to use crappy capture hardware).
JFR_SneakPrevue98

Post by JFR_SneakPrevue98 »

Ari,

Does the May 1997 Sneak Prevue LD you have, has a promo for a WWF PPV called WWF In Your House 15: A Cold Day in Hell?
Jed "Sneak Prevue Fan" Raybould
You're Watching Sneak Prevue.
joseph_sobora

Post by joseph_sobora »

Good News, I posted the May, 1994 Edition of "Sneak Prevue", courtesy from Jason Mcgill (Bolt96). Since I've noticed it wasn't on the index of all the Sneak Prevue Laserdisc.

http://www.mediafire.com/view/95qqojgmx ... -26-94.mp4

Ari, can you add this on the list for me?
Attachments
4-26-94.jpg
4-26-94.jpg (53.87 KiB) Viewed 6143 times
joseph_sobora

Post by joseph_sobora »

AriX wrote:New disc! (added to the first post, but here it is)

May 1997 (C Disc Version)

This one is interesting for its relative lack of content; it seems to have a lot of dead air and lacks ReelTalk or the Sneak Prevue "hosts." It is also labeled "C Disc Version" and shares its title card background image with my disc from '96.
This was at the time when "Continental Cablevision' became "MediaOne", which I've noticed that they still used it on the Sneak Prevue ID and the backgrounds. I also remember "The Barker" had the same promo for "Sneak Prevue" as well with the dark blue background and "Pay-Per-View" logo.

What made that disappointing was that they could of add some more previews, Reel Talk and more promos from "Sneak Prevue" and other cable companies instead of a blackout of dead air. It would have made it up to the 1 hour mark. I've also noticed there were some skips during that footage. Was that an error from the Laserdisc or from the DVD itself?
AriX wrote:I have one more coming (August 1997), though I don't have my capture hardware with me so it might have to wait a little while (unless you guys want me to use crappy capture hardware).
I can wait for a while, it's best to used a better capture hardware than nothing.
tvshowkid

Post by tvshowkid »

Hey Guys you can add this to the collection. Think of it as an early Christmas gift. HAPPY HOLIDAYS!
sneak prevue.png
sneak prevue.png (932.99 KiB) Viewed 6117 times
http://www.mediafire.com/watch/5jk8f8mx ... 96-DVD.mpg

By the way i have one more to upload but that won't be till tomorrow. So stay tuned for that.
AriX
Site Admin

Post by AriX »

tvshowkid wrote:Hey Guys you can add this to the collection. Think of it as an early Christmas gift. HAPPY HOLIDAYS!

By the way i have one more to upload but that won't be till tomorrow. So stay tuned for that.
Awesome, will add! Where'd you find this one?
dreamer

Post by dreamer »

Wow, thanks for all the Sneak Prevue content everyone!

I'm a pre-'96 Sneak Prevue fan myself, so these are the best holidays presents I could ever get! :D
AriX
Site Admin

Post by AriX »

tvshowkid wrote:Hey Guys you can add this to the collection. Think of it as an early Christmas gift. HAPPY HOLIDAYS!

http://www.mediafire.com/watch/5jk8f8mx ... 96-DVD.mpg
This is somewhat of an odd capture - the resolution is 654x480 instead of 640x480. Any idea how that might have happened?
joseph_sobora wrote:Good News, I posted the May, 1994 Edition of "Sneak Prevue", courtesy from Jason Mcgill (Bolt96). Since I've noticed it wasn't on the index of all the Sneak Prevue Laserdisc.

http://www.mediafire.com/view/95qqojgmx ... -26-94.mp4

Ari, can you add this on the list for me?
This capture seems to be pretty poor quality - bad framerate especially. Can you link me to the source content - where did Bolt96 post this originally?

Thanks guys!
tvshowkid

Post by tvshowkid »

Well that's how the video file was when it was sent to me. Maybe you could do better because i have the playback disc. I can make an iso file and you can download it and you can go from there. What do you think?