Prevue fonts

Discuss the awesomeness of the Prevue Channel, Prevue Interactive, Prevue Networks/United Video Satellite Group, TV Guide Inc., etc. right here.
rudyvalencia

Re: Prevue fonts

Post by rudyvalencia »

Bolt96 wrote:Very nice. Thank you for posting.
tin wrote:Indeed! Ty ever so much!
swest77 wrote:Nice Job and good work, Rudy. Thanks! :)
You're certainly welcome! I plan to use this font for an upcoming project I'm working on - a Web site that we can use as a community to make our own channel lineups and listings, and use those as they would be sent into the guide via the satellite data stream.
AriX
Site Admin

Post by AriX »

rudyvalencia wrote:You're certainly welcome! I plan to use this font for an upcoming project I'm working on - a Web site that we can use as a community to make our own channel lineups and listings, and use those as they would be sent into the guide via the satellite data stream.
We should probably collaborate on that - I've been working on a similar system (and it's almost done). It'd be silly to duplicate efforts, and I'd be happy to work together. I had been planning on releasing mine by now, but because I'm a bit busy this month, I haven't been able to finish it off. That said, what I have so far works really well. The problem with my project is that it currently only gets real TV listings, and I don't have a way yet to allow you to insert your own listings, which is why I think our projects would complement each other.
rudyvalencia

Post by rudyvalencia »

AriX wrote:We should probably collaborate on that - I've been working on a similar system (and it's almost done). It'd be silly to duplicate efforts, and I'd be happy to work together. I had been planning on releasing mine by now, but because I'm a bit busy this month, I haven't been able to finish it off. That said, what I have so far works really well. The problem with my project is that it currently only gets real TV listings, and I don't have a way yet to allow you to insert your own listings, which is why I think our projects would complement each other.
I think that would be a great idea. I even have a name already - "UVData", and the corresponding domain, http://uvdata.info (note, there's only that page there - the real development is happening on my test box).

Let's definitely touch base at some point and merge our individual developments. :)
AriX
Site Admin

Post by AriX »

rudyvalencia wrote:
AriX wrote:We should probably collaborate on that - I've been working on a similar system (and it's almost done). It'd be silly to duplicate efforts, and I'd be happy to work together. I had been planning on releasing mine by now, but because I'm a bit busy this month, I haven't been able to finish it off. That said, what I have so far works really well. The problem with my project is that it currently only gets real TV listings, and I don't have a way yet to allow you to insert your own listings, which is why I think our projects would complement each other.
I think that would be a great idea. I even have a name already - "UVData", and the corresponding domain, http://uvdata.info (note, there's only that page there - the real development is happening on my test box).

Let's definitely touch base at some point and merge our individual developments. :)
Well, I was thinking I would run it off the PrevueGuide.com domain. Go to http://prevueguide.com/server/ and use the password 'password' to see my frontend so far (don't mess with the settings too much, they are actually controlling my EPG - just put back things like IP and port when you're done, and don't change the password)
rudyvalencia

Post by rudyvalencia »

AriX wrote:Well, I was thinking I would run it off the PrevueGuide.com domain
Sounds alright to me. One less domain for me to worry about.
JoeTheDragon

Post by JoeTheDragon »

AriX wrote:
rudyvalencia wrote:

Well, I was thinking I would run it off the PrevueGuide.com domain. Go to http://prevueguide.com/server/ and use the password 'password' to see my frontend so far (don't mess with the settings too much, they are actually controlling my EPG - just put back things like IP and port when you're done, and don't change the password)
how do we view the out put.

also any edits to ads don't seem to save.
AriX
Site Admin

Post by AriX »

JoeTheDragon wrote:how do we view the out put.

also any edits to ads don't seem to save.
Well, you can't view the output yet, since I haven't released the clients, since they're not done. Also, I don't know what you mean exactly, since ad edits save for me just fine.
tin

Post by tin »

Hey Rudy, did you ever do the H26f? I have a sudden need for it! :)

<edit> Hmmm, I searched the forum, cos I am sure I had it at some point, and also I see swest77 also used it, and posted some images of notepad using it, but I can't find it :( someone help? :mrgreen:
AriX
Site Admin

Post by AriX »

tin wrote:Hey Rudy, did you ever do the H26f? I have a sudden need for it! :)

<edit> Hmmm, I searched the forum, cos I am sure I had it at some point, and also I see swest77 also used it, and posted some images of notepad using it, but I can't find it :( someone help? :mrgreen:
I think there is a Windows bitmap font for it floating around somewhere, but not a TTF like PrevueC. I'll let you know if I find it.

EDIT: Did a quick search on my Mac, and came up with this. Not sure if it's what you're looking for, and I don't know where it came from (but it's probably from Rudy): http://cl.ly/3Z0f3u2N1m0V2Y1a0e3D
tin

Post by tin »

Nice one, that will definitely do :) project coming along nicely hope to show you something soon :)