Prevue fonts

Discuss the awesomeness of the Prevue Channel, Prevue Interactive, Prevue Networks/United Video Satellite Group, TV Guide Inc., etc. right here.
usotsuki

Re: Prevue fonts

Post by usotsuki »

Just to be weird, I *have* seen Canadian rating icons on a US Prevue channel (I think it was already TV Guide Channel by that point) - the one by Adelphia/Time Warner in the Niagara Falls, NY area. (We have a couple Canadian OTA stations which the cable provider rebroadcasts. And a couple which they don't.)
AriX
Site Admin

Post by AriX »

usotsuki wrote:Just to be weird, I *have* seen Canadian rating icons on a US Prevue channel (I think it was already TV Guide Channel by that point) - the one by Adelphia/Time Warner in the Niagara Falls, NY area. (We have a couple Canadian OTA stations which the cable provider rebroadcasts. And a couple which they don't.)
Ah, interesting. Makes sense that it would differ by channel.
JoeTheDragon

Post by JoeTheDragon »

usotsuki wrote:Just to be weird, I *have* seen Canadian rating icons on a US Prevue channel (I think it was already TV Guide Channel by that point) - the one by Adelphia/Time Warner in the Niagara Falls, NY area. (We have a couple Canadian OTA stations which the cable provider rebroadcasts. And a couple which they don't.)
Canadian cable systems used some of the same Preview hardware / software for a time.
rudyvalencia

Post by rudyvalencia »

Version 1.3 of the PrevueC font is released. Fixes the incorrect period in prior versions. Also includes some new international support.

Edit: Superseded by v2.0, see 1/14 post.

Windows XP and earlier users: remove the old version before installing this one.

Windows Vista and later will automatically upgrade the font when you put it in the Fonts folder.
Last edited by rudyvalencia on Fri Jan 14, 2011 6:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
WeatherSTARIII

Post by WeatherSTARIII »

rudyvalencia wrote:Version 1.3 of the PrevueC font is released. Fixes the incorrect period in prior versions. Also includes some new international support.

Download it here.

Windows XP and earlier users: remove the old version before installing this one.

Windows Vista and later will automatically upgrade the font when you put it in the Fonts folder.
Thank you for converting. I was woundering if you are also going to convert the "FinalH26f" and "Logos" fonts? I would like to have both the old EPG/Prevue list font and the logos font converted to TrueType.
WeatherSTAR III:
Prevue Guide/EPG fan and classic Weather Channel fan
rudyvalencia

Post by rudyvalencia »

I'm trying to make an H26f lookalike but it doesn't come out too good.
rudyvalencia

PrevueC font v2.0 release!

Post by rudyvalencia »

Attention everyone!

Version 2.0 of PrevueC is here! Contains every symbol in the "PrevueC" Amiga font, as close as I can get to replicating them - some of them I had to rely on EPSes and PDFs to recreate. But now it contains the icons and logos all in the correct order and everything!

Download the latest version here.
Bolt96

Re: PrevueC font v2.0 release!

Post by Bolt96 »

rudyvalencia wrote:Attention everyone!

Version 2.0 of PrevueC is here! Contains every symbol in the "PrevueC" Amiga font, as close as I can get to replicating them - some of them I had to rely on EPSes and PDFs to recreate. But now it contains the icons and logos all in the correct order and everything!

Download the latest version here.
Very nice. Thank you for posting.
tin

Post by tin »

Indeed! Ty ever so much!
swest77

Re: PrevueC font v2.0 release!

Post by swest77 »

Nice Job and good work, Rudy. Thanks! :)