TV Guide Channel Emulation Working!

Discuss the awesomeness of the Prevue Channel, Prevue Interactive, Prevue Networks/United Video Satellite Group, TV Guide Inc., etc. right here.
LocalH

Re: TV Guide Channel Emulation Working!

Post by LocalH »

LocalH wrote:Well, the software does update the cached listings sometimes. I originally ran it too much without the date being set right, and even after setting the date properly, I got no listings, but after restoring to a virgin copy, they magically appeared.

I need to find an Amiga tool that will wipe the clock RAM. I think that's my problem - I tried booting the software with DH0: disabled after having the system powered off for over a day, and it still had the wrong time as compared to what the clock was set to in my startup. My wager is, with clock RAM cleared, I'll get listings again.
For the record, I was a bonehead on this one - as I found out when leisurely reading through my AmigaDOS manual (as shipped with 2.1), I found that there's a CLI tool that comes with the OS to do this called Setclock, and it also happens to be shipped on the Prevue disks (well, at least this version). Good news is, I will shortly be able to provide a modified disk image for those who may be running the software on 3.x equipped Amigas that will softboot a 2.04 or 2.05 ROM (which you must get yourself, I will not post links to Kickstart ROMs on here) and will reset clock RAM and set the clock to 2pm April 1, 1999 (which sets Prevue's clock to 12pm), for easy experimentation on real hardware without any worry about obliterating cached listings.
swest77

Post by swest77 »

Don't feel bad. Nobody is ever old school or 1337 enough to escape the occasional bite in the ass from the "RTFM" gobblin. :) Glad you figured it out, though. 100% authentic software-hardware being the ultimate goal, this was an important step.
noahrwhiteis

Post by noahrwhiteis »

Please post the adf file for download
noahrwhiteis

Post by noahrwhiteis »

please post or send me adf file im at noahrwhiteis@gmail.com
AriX
Site Admin

Post by AriX »

noahrwhiteis wrote:please post or send me adf file im at noahrwhiteis@gmail.com
I wrote a sticky so that in the future, everyone could find these files more easily. However, next time, you don't have to post asking for the ADF twice AND send me PMs requesting it. If I don't respond to your PM within 12 hours, that doesn't mean you should send me another one. Please have some patience.

See viewtopic.php?f=5&p=542
SchalaAshtear

Post by SchalaAshtear »

For those who are interested, I've posted a video of the Prevue/TV Guide Channel ADF running in WInUAE on YouTube here (alt version in case Sony blocked the video in your country) =D

I probably have the first video of the Prevue Guide running under WinUAE, AFAIK...

~Schala Ashtear
~Schala Ashtear
JoeTheDragon

Post by JoeTheDragon »

Is there a video with the right date so we can see it with data?
SchalaAshtear

Post by SchalaAshtear »

I believe Ctrl-U was used for stuff like bringing the system down for maintenance, or shutting it down in general. That's the only logical explanation I can think of for that keystroke...

Speaking of which, anyone have a full list of ER codes? I know ER007 is probably the most well-known one... and there's also ER011 and ER012 if you try to boot without meeting system requirements =P
~Schala Ashtear
JFR_SneakPrevue98

Post by JFR_SneakPrevue98 »

I was able to get the Prevue Channel/TV Guide Channel working via the minimum requirements on the Prevue Guide Wiki. I am using WinAUE. I also was able to get into the Edit Ads and Edit Attributes. Now with my 3 questions: How would I be able to get so I can see listings and be able to view something on the top part? Also, the time is 1 to 2 hours behind and how would I be able to correct the time. Is it possible to change the TV Guide Channel logo to the Prevue logo?
Jed "Sneak Prevue Fan" Raybould
You're Watching Sneak Prevue.
tin

Post by tin »

Those are not questions that can be answered quickly. You can either wait as both myself and AriX (and possibly others) have been working on software to help get listings into emulated or real Amigas, or you can start reading the forums and the Wiki from the beggining as they contain a lot of information about how you can manually get data in, or start writing your own software to do that. Sorry that wasn't the straightforward answer!