[Release] Sneak Prevue Manual

Discuss the awesomeness of the Prevue Channel, Prevue Interactive, Prevue Networks/United Video Satellite Group, TV Guide Inc., etc. right here.
AriX
Site Admin

[Release] Sneak Prevue Manual

Post by AriX »

I got my hands on something exciting recently: a copy of the Sneak Prevue Installation and Operating Guide from July 1995. Happy to be able to share it today.

The manual includes a lot of great information about Sneak Prevue, including terminology, the hardware and setup process, and a preview of the software's menus and operation. There's a good number of juicy details on the Prevue Channel side, too. Check it out and share your findings!

Here is the link: http://prevueguide.com/Sneak/Manual.pdf
nwgatwcfan

Re: [Download] Sneak Prevue Manual

Post by nwgatwcfan »

Arix,

Something interesting in the picture descriptions. They have the satellite listed as Galaxy 5 - Transponder 7. If memory serves me correctly, that is WGN. I wonder that if Prevue Networks used WGN as the data feed for Sneak Prevue after Prevue Guide/Channel was moved to Satcom C4 - Transponder 8? I think we originally established that in the early days of Prevue, and EPG, that the data feed came from WGN's satellite channel.

Very interesting find. If only we can find a manual for Prevue....

Steven
AriX
Site Admin

Re: [Download] Sneak Prevue Manual

Post by AriX »

nwgatwcfan wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2019 3:24 pm Arix,

Something interesting in the picture descriptions. They have the satellite listed as Galaxy 5 - Transponder 7. If memory serves me correctly, that is WGN. I wonder that if Prevue Networks used WGN as the data feed for Sneak Prevue after Prevue Guide/Channel was moved to Satcom C4 - Transponder 8? I think we originally established that in the early days of Prevue, and EPG, that the data feed came from WGN's satellite channel.

Very interesting find. If only we can find a manual for Prevue....

Steven
Super interesting point!