Prevue Guide iOS App & Sneak Prevue

Discuss the awesomeness of the Prevue Channel, Prevue Interactive, Prevue Networks/United Video Satellite Group, TV Guide Inc., etc. right here.
JFR_SneakPrevue98

Prevue Guide iOS App & Sneak Prevue

Post by JFR_SneakPrevue98 »

I am a newbie here but I'm a Sneak Prevue fan.

Has anybody thought about doing an iOS App (iPhone, iPod touch and iPad)? I think it would be cool to have an App version and be customized to the different looks of Prevue Guide.

I can't wait until the full Sneak Prevue LaserDisc's are uploaded. I started watching Sneak Prevue in May 1998 and wished I still had a Zenith Converter Box until Sneak Prevue ended.
Jed "Sneak Prevue Fan" Raybould
You're Watching Sneak Prevue.
Matthew Joseph

Re: Prevue Guide iOS App & Sneak Prevue

Post by Matthew Joseph »

JFR_SneakPrevue98 wrote: I can't wait until the full Sneak Prevue LaserDisc's are uploaded. I started watching Sneak Prevue in May 1998 and wished I still had a Zenith Converter Box until Sneak Prevue ended.
AriX had already uploaded the backgrounds here.
Even ariw2003net (also AriX) uploaded those videos on YouTube, these are from the LaserDiscs.

Sneak Prevue Ident (1994)
Sneak Prevue Ident 2 (1994)

In 1999, even though Prevue Channel was changed to the TV Guide Channel, the name (Sneak Prevue) stayed until they discontinued their service in 2002. There are idents of Sneak Prevue since 1999 till 2002, but with cable companies.

AT&T Broadband
Comcast iNDemand
Comcast Home Theater Animation (with the old logo) NOTE: This is not a Sneak Prevue Ident.
COX iNDemand
Generic Ident (no satellite provider)
Time Warner Home Theater
Time Warner iNDemand

Segments:

Premiering Soon Open
Premiering Soon Close
Up Next Open
Up Next Close
Sneak Prevue Tonight Open
Sneak Prevue Tonight Close

And only one promo is available on the LaserDiscs is this link. (BTW, this slogan "Think Sneak Prevue First", looks like "Prevue First!" (the last slogan for the Prevue franchise))

In March 2002, Sneak Prevue aired for the last month for closure, and they announced that Sneak Prevue's Pay-Per-View information will be put to TV Guide Channel's listings as their upgrade from the system. Then in April, Sneak Prevue was disbanded from the Amiga System. From then up until recently, Pay-Per-View info was available on the TV Guide Channel.

2 video clips were showing that all of the Pay-Per-View information from Sneak Prevue next month (April 2002) will be put to TV Guide Channel's data.

Video clip 1
Video clip 2
Last edited by AriX on Tue Jun 28, 2011 12:41 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: This was a helpful post, so I fixed up the grammar to make it a bit easier to read.
I'm a guy who loves Prevue/TVGC and other stuff like Power Rangers etc.
joseph_sobora

Post by joseph_sobora »

I think Ari will uploaded the entire footage of "Sneak Prevue" from those Laserdiscs very soon, just taking some time to work on it. Therefore, I too would love to see them as well.
JFR_SneakPrevue98

Post by JFR_SneakPrevue98 »

I read the First Timers FAQ's. I viewed most of the Sneak Prevue Idents and noticed that there wasn't a Sneak Prevue Ident for Charter Communications. I don't know if this was true or not but I read online 10 or so years ago that TV Guide was going to have one of their TV Guide Channel personalities to be the official host for Sneak Prevue. I'd like to get me an Amiga (like the one used for Sneak Prevue), to set it up with current PPV Movie and Event promos. Just would have to find the promos and get them into a format that both Amiga and Sneak Prevue software will like.
Jed "Sneak Prevue Fan" Raybould
You're Watching Sneak Prevue.
tin

Post by tin »

I think this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e0M8TRZE ... ata_player might be an interesting route to investigate for the insertion of video back into a real sneak prevue amiga....
AriX
Site Admin

Post by AriX »

joseph_sobora wrote:I think Ari will uploaded the entire footage of "Sneak Prevue" from those Laserdiscs very soon, just taking some time to work on it. Therefore, I too would love to see them as well.
I got pretty involved in the Amiga reverse engineering, and got side-tracked away from finishing uploading the LaserDisc content. I'll start tonight!
AriX
Site Admin

Post by AriX »

JFR_SneakPrevue98 wrote:I don't know if this was true or not but I read online 10 or so years ago that TV Guide was going to have one of their TV Guide Channel personalities to be the official host for Sneak Prevue. I'd like to get me an Amiga (like the one used for Sneak Prevue), to set it up with current PPV Movie and Event promos. Just would have to find the promos and get them into a format that both Amiga and Sneak Prevue software will like.
There was talk of TV Guide reworking Sneak Prevue and creating something possibly called "Screen TV." This is probably what you heard about, but that plan was abandoned and the service was shut down.

Note that although we do know of some Sneak Prevue LaserDiscs, we do not yet have a copy of the Sneak Prevue Amiga software itself.
AriX
Site Admin

Post by AriX »

I uploaded a new video tonight: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uVHoxMBGWsE I also uploaded individual tracks: http://www.cl.ly/033d2p2C0D0t0r0w1v3i

I'll try to keep uploading them over the next few days. I have a lot more stuff.
joseph_sobora

Post by joseph_sobora »

AriX wrote:
JFR_SneakPrevue98 wrote:I don't know if this was true or not but I read online 10 or so years ago that TV Guide was going to have one of their TV Guide Channel personalities to be the official host for Sneak Prevue. I'd like to get me an Amiga (like the one used for Sneak Prevue), to set it up with current PPV Movie and Event promos. Just would have to find the promos and get them into a format that both Amiga and Sneak Prevue software will like.
There was talk of TV Guide reworking Sneak Prevue and creating something possibly called "Screen TV." This is probably what you heard about, but that plan was abandoned and the service was shut down.

Note that although we do know of some Sneak Prevue LaserDiscs, we do not yet have a copy of the Sneak Prevue Amiga software itself.
That reminds me, I have a book that contains lots of promotional titles and pictures that were taken during the 90s. It actually features a picture of a TV that reads "TV Guide Sneak Prevue". I think this was originally supposed to change at the same time "Prevue" became "TV Guide Channel". Instead, "Sneak Prevue" was still using the same graphics and music from 1995 or 96. That is until the summer of 1999, when "Sneak Prevue" was given a new look. I'll tried to look for that book to see what I mean.
joseph_sobora

Post by joseph_sobora »

AriX wrote:I uploaded a new video tonight: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uVHoxMBGWsE I also uploaded individual tracks: http://www.cl.ly/033d2p2C0D0t0r0w1v3i

I'll try to keep uploading them over the next few days. I have a lot more stuff.
Yep, they used some of the same tracks from my video and it's crystal clear. I think the announcer that's doing those "Sneak Prevue" clips is "Cameron Brainard". The same person that's currently the announcer for other networks and stations like "Disney Channel", "KTLA", "KCOP", and was the officially the announcer for the TV show, "Maximum Exposure". He also did some announcements for "Prevue" back in 1998. I knew that I recognize him once I heard his voice.