Prevue Guide iOS App & Sneak Prevue

Discuss the awesomeness of the Prevue Channel, Prevue Interactive, Prevue Networks/United Video Satellite Group, TV Guide Inc., etc. right here.
AriX
Site Admin

Re: Prevue Guide iOS App & Sneak Prevue

Post by AriX »

joseph_sobora wrote:That reminds me, I have a book that contains lots of promotional titles and pictures that were taken during the 90s. It actually features a picture of a TV that reads "TV Guide Sneak Prevue". I think this was originally supposed to change at the same time "Prevue" became "TV Guide Channel". Instead, "Sneak Prevue" was still using the same graphics and music from 1995 or 96. That is until the summer of 1999, when "Sneak Prevue" was given a new look. I'll tried to look for that book to see what I mean.
That's true - all of the promotional and sales branding of Sneak Prevue from February 1999 on was "TV Guide Sneak Prevue." And yet, they never updated the on-air look to reflect the new name or logo.

I found a decent quality version of the logo at one point, but I lost it. Here's the best I could do (you can barely read it, but the words at the bottom are "Sneak Prevue") http://cl.ly/2F461r2D0C3g2D3x013X
joseph_sobora wrote:Yep, they used some of the same tracks from my video and it's crystal clear. I think the announcer that's doing those "Sneak Prevue" clips is "Cameron Brainard". The same person that's currently the announcer for other networks and stations like "Disney Channel", "KTLA", "KCOP", and was the officially the announcer for the TV show, "Maximum Exposure". He also did some announcements for "Prevue" back in 1998. I knew that I recognize him once I heard his voice.
Interesting, I'll have to listen to his stuff.
Matthew Joseph

Post by Matthew Joseph »

OK, since we don't have any emulator yet for Sneak Prevue (for Amiga), here is my picture from my PowerPoint presentation

I'm a guy who loves Prevue/TVGC and other stuff like Power Rangers etc.
JFR_SneakPrevue98

Post by JFR_SneakPrevue98 »

Matthew Joseph wrote:OK, since we don't have any emulator yet for Sneak Prevue (for Amiga), here is my picture from my PowerPoint presentation
Matthew, that is very, very, very (quoting Cmdt. Eric Lassard, Police Academy), authentic looking for a Sneak Prevue screenshot. Looks like that is what Sneak Prevue would be like today. Just wonder what Sneak Prevue would be in 2 different HD formats. One HD format with 4:3 safezone graphics and another HD format without the 4:3 safezone graphics.
Last edited by AriX on Mon Jun 13, 2011 11:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Edited to remove large picture
Jed "Sneak Prevue Fan" Raybould
You're Watching Sneak Prevue.
Matthew Joseph

Post by Matthew Joseph »

JFR_SneakPrevue98 wrote:
Matthew Joseph wrote:OK, since we don't have any emulator yet for Sneak Prevue (for Amiga), here is my picture from my PowerPoint presentation
Matthew, that is very, very, very (quoting Cmdt. Eric Lassard, Police Academy), authentic looking for a Sneak Prevue screenshot. Looks like that is what Sneak Prevue would be like today. Just wonder what Sneak Prevue would be in 2 different HD formats. One HD format with 4:3 safezone graphics and another HD format without the 4:3 safezone graphics.
JFR_SneakPrevue98, in that way, it look like it is today.
Last edited by AriX on Mon Jun 13, 2011 11:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Edited to remove large picture
Bolt96

Post by Bolt96 »

AriX wrote:I uploaded a new video tonight: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uVHoxMBGWsE I also uploaded individual tracks: http://www.cl.ly/033d2p2C0D0t0r0w1v3i

I'll try to keep uploading them over the next few days. I have a lot more stuff.
Nice AriX! Would love to see the other stuff too.
Pretty good! May I ask what font you used?
Matthew Joseph

Post by Matthew Joseph »

Bolt96 wrote:
Pretty good! May I ask what font you used?
I use Helvetica Narrow Bold. In that way, I don't know what is the font for the Sneak Prevue. If tin or RudyValencia had that font (for Sneak Prevue), I could download it.
joseph_sobora

Post by joseph_sobora »

TV Guide Sneak Prevue.jpeg
TV Guide Sneak Prevue.jpeg (31.6 KiB) Viewed 3804 times
Here's the photo of "TV Guide Sneak Prevue" as I mentioned.
JFR_SneakPrevue98

joseph_sobora wrote:
[img]TV%20Guide%20Sneak%20Prevue.jpeg[/img]
Here's the photo of "TV Guide Sneak Prevue" as I mentioned.
When was the image taken? Looks kind of odd to me and at least the white background was kept.
joseph_sobora

Post by joseph_sobora »

JFR_SneakPrevue98 wrote: When was the image taken? Looks kind of odd to me and at least the white background was kept.

As I mentioned before, it's from that black book filled with photos of designs, with many entertainment promotional footages that was used in 1999. Sorry, the quality is a bit dark and the light on the right is a bit of a distraction. My mobile phone couldn't capture a clear image.
JFR_SneakPrevue98

joseph_sobora wrote:
JFR_SneakPrevue98 wrote: When was the image taken? Looks kind of odd to me and at least the white background was kept.

As I mentioned before, it's from that black book filled with photos of designs, with many entertainment promotional footages that was used in 1999. Sorry, the quality is a bit dark and the light on the right is a bit of a distraction. My mobile phone couldn't capture a clear image.
Ok. Could you may be upload the black book?