Sneak Prevue Laserdisc 2002 Backgrounds

Discuss the awesomeness of the Prevue Channel, Prevue Interactive, Prevue Networks/United Video Satellite Group, TV Guide Inc., etc. right here.
AriX
Site Admin

Sneak Prevue Laserdisc 2002 Backgrounds

Post by AriX »

Here are all of the backgrounds from the March 2002 final edition of Sneak Prevue. You can download them all at http://prevueguide.com/SneakBackgrounds/2-8-02/all.zip. As you can see, they are very similar to those used in late 1999. I'll be posting much more stuff shortly!

I don't quite understand why, but these backgrounds include logos for Time Warner Cable, Time Warner Home Theatre, Time Warner Cable iN Demand, Time Warner Communications, Time Warner Home Theatre (with a different logo this time), and Time Warner Communications iN Demand. I guess they just had really fragmented branding at that point?

joseph_sobora

Re: Sneak Prevue Laserdisc 2002 Backgrounds

Post by joseph_sobora »

Cool! That was exactly what I had on my August 1999 clip of Sneak Prevue from MediaOne. I can't wait to see a video of all the previews, promo and clips of the channel, when it was active. I didn't know Charter Communications and Adelphia used "Sneak Prevue" as some areas used only the Pay-Per-View and Information Channel.
AriX
Site Admin

Post by AriX »

joseph_sobora wrote:Cool! That was exactly what I had on my August 1999 clip of Sneak Prevue from MediaOne. I can't wait to see a video of all the previews, promo and clips of the channel, when it was active. I didn't know Charter Communications and Adelphia used "Sneak Prevue" as some areas used only the Pay-Per-View and Information Channel.
Yeah, neither did I! I guess they changed the backgrounds in mid-1999, because I saw a video (was it yours?) from early 1999 with a different presentation style.
joseph_sobora

Post by joseph_sobora »

AriX wrote:Yeah, neither did I! I guess they changed the backgrounds in mid-1999, because I saw a video (was it yours?) from early 1999 with a different presentation style.
Yes, it was my video. I recorded it at my cousin's house, she had MediaOne ever since she moved there in 1997. I started getting an 8-hour tape filled with other shows and I decided I wanted to recorded some "Sneak Prevue" and "TV Guide Channel" (although I did record more of them in 1997 for Prevue Channel and Sneak Prevue, before I lost my tape due to moving) videos. YouTube user, swbrwnskins just put it on his channel and Dailymotion just to share for everybody and I appreciate him for doing that for me. Since I had a hard time with two video sites, but I'm glad I'm back with Dailymotion under a new name.
tbbyolumbatobby

Post by tbbyolumbatobby »

Wow these are nice backgrounds. These are very colorful.
joseph_sobora

Post by joseph_sobora »

tbbyolumbatobby wrote:Wow these are nice backgrounds. These are very colorful.
I agree, Sneak Prevue had various backgrounds during those times, they come in many colors whenever they are presented.
joseph_sobora

Post by joseph_sobora »

Awesome, I knew you had the February, 1997 edition of "Sneak Prevue". Hope there's more!
AriX
Site Admin

Post by AriX »

Nice! I had a feeling that it was you :p

The 1996 LaserDisc I received last Saturday has the same promos. I also listened to part of the music track, and recognized a significant amount of music that came from the regular Prevue channel. Unfortunately, I was leaving for the beach *literally* under an hour after the mail came, so I did not get a chance to capture anything. I am hoping to get the rest of my other two LaserDiscs uploaded in the coming days, and then I hope to get the 1996 one up before I go away.

Bolt96, unfortunately, your video didn't upload quite right. The audio is not properly synced with the video at times, and I notice frames dropping a lot. Also, in all of your videos, the audio is only in one channel - it would be better if you could take the left channel audio and add it to BOTH channels so that the audio is heard as mono instead of one channel of stereo. That's not a big deal though.
Bolt96

Post by Bolt96 »

AriX wrote:
Nice! I had a feeling that it was you :p

The 1996 LaserDisc I received last Saturday has the same promos. I also listened to part of the music track, and recognized a significant amount of music that came from the regular Prevue channel. Unfortunately, I was leaving for the beach *literally* under an hour after the mail came, so I did not get a chance to capture anything. I am hoping to get the rest of my other two LaserDiscs uploaded in the coming days, and then I hope to get the 1996 one up before I go away.

Bolt96, unfortunately, your video didn't upload quite right. The audio is not properly synced with the video at times, and I notice frames dropping a lot. Also, in all of your videos, the audio is only in one channel - it would be better if you could take the left channel audio and add it to BOTH channels so that the audio is heard as mono instead of one channel of stereo. That's not a big deal though.
Oops! I guess I uploaded it too fast and didn't realize that. I'll try and fix it tomorrow.