Sneak Prevue Laserdisc!

Discuss the awesomeness of the Prevue Channel, Prevue Interactive, Prevue Networks/United Video Satellite Group, TV Guide Inc., etc. right here.
AriX
Site Admin

Re: Sneak Prevue Laserdisc!

Post by AriX »

tin wrote:Just doing some more research on this, and a thought occurred to me on the point above. Perhaps 2x laserdisc players would be too expensive (although I think still an option for the big cablecos), but the most jarring aspect of Sneak is the audio stopping suddenly while the LD goes off and retrieves a background. e.g. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8MAZnl4gWnk - at 2m08 there's the adults only bumper,when the guy refers to "entertainment like this" (this? what I can only see a big logo) then a wait and an 8 second silence while the LD gets the new backdrop. If a serial-addressable CD could play the background music for the lot while the LD played the announcements and fetched the backgrounds, it would sound a lot more fluid, IMHO.

If we get real sneak up and running, it might be worth a try to engineer that :)
That does sound like a good solution!
tin

Post by tin »

Just got beat to a CD player with rs232 on eBay! Gutted!!
tin

Post by tin »

Well I missed a probably once in a lifetime opportunity to buy an already imported NTSC ld-v8000 on eBay, but just got a ld-v4300d that looks and functions pretty similar. I wonder if the only difference is the framebuffer, but hoping I will find it actually has one with any luck!

AriX did you ever have any success with geting a sneak prevue disk?
AriX
Site Admin

Post by AriX »

tin wrote:Well I missed a probably once in a lifetime opportunity to buy an already imported NTSC ld-v8000 on eBay, but just got a ld-v4300d that looks and functions pretty similar. I wonder if the only difference is the framebuffer, but hoping I will find it actually has one with any luck!

AriX did you ever have any success with geting a sneak prevue disk?
Nope! My buddy who thought he had it actually didn't. :(
tin

Post by tin »

Argh! Gutted! Quite amazing there must have been hundreds of these disks and we've not even managed to turn up one! My post on amibay did nothing either. Have to go and have a think ;-)
AriX
Site Admin

Post by AriX »

tin wrote:Argh! Gutted! Quite amazing there must have been hundreds of these disks and we've not even managed to turn up one! My post on amibay did nothing either. Have to go and have a think ;-)
Ahhh :( We'll nab it eventually!

I just wish we had someone to search the dumpsters in Tulsa lol
tin

Post by tin »

Anyone here buy this? http://www.ebay.com/itm/SNEAK-PREVUE-5- ... 0949358541 I put in an offer but it got declined :mrgreen:
AriX
Site Admin

Post by AriX »

tin wrote:Anyone here buy this? http://www.ebay.com/itm/SNEAK-PREVUE-5- ... 0949358541 I put in an offer but it got declined :mrgreen:
Ahh, wonder who got it! That's one month away from one of the ones I have.
tin

Post by tin »

Aye! I would have thought anyone nuts enough to be buying would be a regular on here :)
AriX
Site Admin

Post by AriX »

tin wrote:Aye! I would have thought anyone nuts enough to be buying would be a regular on here :)
Haha I'd think so!

Man, hopefully I'll be able to get back here soon and upload all of the LaserDiscs I captured...