Sneak Prevue Laserdisc!

Discuss the awesomeness of the Prevue Channel, Prevue Interactive, Prevue Networks/United Video Satellite Group, TV Guide Inc., etc. right here.
AriX
Site Admin

Re: Sneak Prevue Laserdisc!

Post by AriX »

kwest93 wrote:didn't we already grab those logos?
Yeah, I think Bolt96 had a LaserDisc with those on it, but I didn't. I recently added six LaserDiscs to my collection - so, nine total at my house. Just finished ripping all nine (my old rips weren't fantastic quality), and hoping to have them available for viewing pretty soon.
joseph_sobora

Post by joseph_sobora »

AriX wrote:
kwest93 wrote:didn't we already grab those logos?
Yeah, I think Bolt96 had a LaserDisc with those on it, but I didn't. I recently added six LaserDiscs to my collection - so, nine total at my house. Just finished ripping all nine (my old rips weren't fantastic quality), and hoping to have them available for viewing pretty soon.
He had the February, 1997 that had the "Sneak Prevue" ID from the fall of 1996. Also, I wonder how did you obtained to get the early versions of "Sneak Prevue" from 1992 and 1993 on Laserdisc. Was it found on another website or something?
AriX
Site Admin

Post by AriX »

joseph_sobora wrote:He had the February, 1997 that had the "Sneak Prevue" ID from the fall of 1996. Also, I wonder how did you obtained to get the early versions of "Sneak Prevue" from 1992 and 1993 on Laserdisc. Was it found on another website or something?
All on eBay!
joseph_sobora

Post by joseph_sobora »

AriX wrote: All on eBay!
I didn't even check on them since I've been busy, but I knew they were on eBay.

BTW, I wouldn't mind seeing some screenshots of the 6 Laserdiscs that you've bought recently. Also, will you still have a chance on put the entire full-length footages of "Sneak Prevue" on 4shared or something, since you did ripped all 9 of them two weeks ago?
AriX
Site Admin

Post by AriX »

joseph_sobora wrote:
AriX wrote: All on eBay!
I didn't even check on them since I've been busy, but I knew they were on eBay.

BTW, I wouldn't mind seeing some screenshots of the 6 Laserdiscs that you've bought recently. Also, will you still have a chance on put the entire full-length footages of "Sneak Prevue" on 4shared or something, since you did ripped all 9 of them two weeks ago?
lol do you keep deleting your own post and then re-posting it just so that I see?

I hope to have them up soon.
Kadeemluvmusic

Post by Kadeemluvmusic »

When are you starting to put all the Sneak Prevue videos on 4shared?
joseph_sobora

Post by joseph_sobora »

Sneak Prevue (1991): September, 1992 Edition (Special Thanks to Ari Weinstein)
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xttufj ... shortfilms
AriX
Site Admin

Post by AriX »

joseph_sobora wrote:Sneak Prevue (1991): September, 1992 Edition (Special Thanks to Ari Weinstein)
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xttufj ... shortfilms
Awesome, thanks for uploading. Shouldn't that say 1992, though, instead of 1991? ;)
joseph_sobora

Post by joseph_sobora »

AriX wrote: Awesome, thanks for uploading. Shouldn't that say 1992, though, instead of 1991? ;)
Seeing as this channel first launched in 1991, I believe that they were using these graphics up until later in 1993. Sneak Prevue sure has been changing a lot throughout the 90s and 2000s (Before ending in 2002).
tin

Post by tin »

tin wrote:<edit> having a think about it all, they should have made the system have 2 videodisc players. It could have queued up one while the other was playing, or used one for continuous background music while various branded promos were playing. I find the audio stopping for 1sec over and over again jarring. Maybe that would be too expensive...
Just doing some more research on this, and a thought occurred to me on the point above. Perhaps 2x laserdisc players would be too expensive (although I think still an option for the big cablecos), but the most jarring aspect of Sneak is the audio stopping suddenly while the LD goes off and retrieves a background. e.g. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8MAZnl4gWnk - at 2m08 there's the adults only bumper,when the guy refers to "entertainment like this" (this? what I can only see a big logo) then a wait and an 8 second silence while the LD gets the new backdrop. If a serial-addressable CD could play the background music for the lot while the LD played the announcements and fetched the backgrounds, it would sound a lot more fluid, IMHO.

If we get real sneak up and running, it might be worth a try to engineer that :)