New youtube videos

Discuss the awesomeness of the Prevue Channel, Prevue Interactive, Prevue Networks/United Video Satellite Group, TV Guide Inc., etc. right here.
AriX
Site Admin

Re: New youtube videos

Post by AriX »

woddfellow2 wrote:Also, do you know at least the name of the typeface?
It's called TVG Humanist. Again, if you want it, just message me.

In "the-sky-is-falling-TV Guide-has-no-guide" news, there's an interesting note at the bottom of this document.
Sounds like TV Guide has a LOT of extra guide computers! I wonder what they're doing with them. If I lived in Tulsa, I would run and check the dumpsters over at 7140 S. Lewis Avenue 8-)

Fittingly, TV Guide has rolled out a new slogan, summarizing the problems with their network. "ALL TV. NO GUIDE." Dumbasses.
TV Guide Network wrote:The TVGN computer (Compaq or HP Workstation) is only required for the Scrolling Guide. If you are discontinuing the Scrolling Guide in your system, please call 1-800-677-5400 option 1 to arrange for return authorization of the computer(s) and accessories including boxes and shipping labels. Please be prepared to provide the following information:
Machine (Asset) Number of Computer (located on sticker on back of computer)
Shipping Address
Contact Name and Phone Number
Bolt96

Post by Bolt96 »

AriX wrote:In "the-sky-is-falling-TV Guide-has-no-guide" news, there's an interesting note at the bottom of this document.
Sounds like TV Guide has a LOT of extra guide computers! I wonder what they're doing with them. If I lived in Tulsa, I would run and check the dumpsters over at 7140 S. Lewis Avenue 8-)

Fittingly, TV Guide has rolled out a new slogan, summarizing the problems with their network. "ALL TV. NO GUIDE." Dumbasses.
TV Guide Network wrote:The TVGN computer (Compaq or HP Workstation) is only required for the Scrolling Guide. If you are discontinuing the Scrolling Guide in your system, please call 1-800-677-5400 option 1 to arrange for return authorization of the computer(s) and accessories including boxes and shipping labels. Please be prepared to provide the following information:
Machine (Asset) Number of Computer (located on sticker on back of computer)
Shipping Address
Contact Name and Phone Number
Nice finds. You always have a way of finding the most interesting stuff! :P

They really hit a new low with that slogan. Might as well go ahead and change their name to "Faulty And Ill-fated LLC." I just can't see TVGN lasting for too much longer without the core factor that got them started up in the first place. Especially with all that generic programming they air.
tin

Post by tin »

LOLOLOL that really is ridiculously funny!! ALL TV NO GUIDE? what?!
WeatherSTARIII

Post by WeatherSTARIII »

I'm afraid its the "MTV Effect" all over again. :lol:
WeatherSTAR III:
Prevue Guide/EPG fan and classic Weather Channel fan
tin

Post by tin »

Yeah, and they're currently doing really well aren't they :)
AriX
Site Admin

Post by AriX »

This one is kind of cool, if you're interested in Prevue Interactive as I am.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=91dl1jSbItM
Win95Setup

Post by Win95Setup »

AriX wrote:This one is kind of cool, if you're interested in Prevue Interactive as I am.
We never had Prevue Interactive. To me, when they say "digital cable is the best thing since color", that is misleading since there is no more errors, which was the main reason I watched the Prevue Channel.
woddfellow2

Post by woddfellow2 »

That brought back a vague memory, when we first got digital cable from TCI Cablevision of Tulsa circa 1998...
—xoddf2 | wlair.us.to
kwest93

Post by kwest93 »

AriX wrote:This one is kind of cool, if you're interested in Prevue Interactive as I am.

OMG! This so brings me Back! i remember when the music channels were info only. the only way you could listen to it was to watch nothing but a black screen. and it used to be called DMX. Comcast had these boxes. just about every cable box that was known as General Instruments (Common Set top box for 1997.) until 2002 Started getting Motorola. by 2005 it became a problem when the HD DVRs were first released. and both HD And SD boxes mostly from 2007 had problems freezing and restarting. we had this box called PACE (a bad brand for Comcast in 2010.) today its Still used as the i-guide. at least there's a setting on the boxes where you can change it to the classic black color which i leave it on. unfortunately Prevue did not show on the corner before the Comcast logo did on the boxes or on the screen so it was left over as the same action, TV Guide. analog discontinued on their Motorola boxes by early 2008. DTA was nothing but a Converter Box for Basic Cable.
JFR_SneakPrevue98

New youtube videos

Post by JFR_SneakPrevue98 »

I still have the VHS tape that Charter gave to it's subscribers for upgrading to Digital Cable from Analog Cable. If anybody wants me to I could post it on YouTube. Just bear with me it'll be sometime before I can do it.
Jed "Sneak Prevue Fan" Raybould
You're Watching Sneak Prevue.