New youtube videos

Discuss the awesomeness of the Prevue Channel, Prevue Interactive, Prevue Networks/United Video Satellite Group, TV Guide Inc., etc. right here.
tin

Re: New youtube videos

Post by tin »

Love how PCs still struggle to scroll smoothly :)
kwest93

Post by kwest93 »

kwest93 wrote:Fixing that Listings file was a pain that night. so i only put part of it in there. sorry for the sneak prevue thing i slipped that by accident.

The Music is Something i used from Firstcom Music.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iCYh30DvkHE

Also this :) in Hi-Fi Stereo Of Course.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4PwKi8fixt8
i fixed the audio in this one. for some reason i lost to the Copyright Claims from APM Music. therefore youtube's audioswap let me use the music that Prevue Provided from Killer Tracks and Firstcom.
Chris

Post by Chris »

Hi! It's been a while! I figured out what my user name was. On a whim, I decided to try my name. Bingo! Anyway, I was looking through old tapes and found 18 minutes' worth of Viewer's Choice PPV footage, and about half-an-hours' worth of the Prevue Channel from 2/13/95. So I posted it on YouTube. Some of the music they used matched 3rd party crap thing, but luckily, YouTube has this thing that mutes it out for you. Anyway, here's the link to about 24 minutes' worth. It seems to go to the end of the tape, but I would guess that I stopped it with about 2 minutes left or so until the end of the tape. (I put it on DVD first because the Prevue Guide is cooler. :D http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yi58s-FZMaU
kwest93

Post by kwest93 »

Chris wrote:Hi! It's been a while! I figured out what my user name was. On a whim, I decided to try my name. Bingo! Anyway, I was looking through old tapes and found 18 minutes' worth of Viewer's Choice PPV footage, and about half-an-hours' worth of the Prevue Channel from 2/13/95. So I posted it on YouTube. Some of the music they used matched 3rd party crap thing, but luckily, YouTube has this thing that mutes it out for you. Anyway, here's the link to about 24 minutes' worth. It seems to go to the end of the tape, but I would guess that I stopped it with about 2 minutes left or so until the end of the tape. (I put it on DVD first because the Prevue Guide is cooler. :D http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yi58s-FZMaU
nice i wish there was somebody out there that at least have a recording of Sacramento,CA because i may have to write my own rendition of how i saw Prevue Guide aside from the HD one and EPG jr. Videos i did. may have to do a EPG Sr. one as well.
HBO3

Post by HBO3 »

Look for some videos of Prevue Channel soon that I recorded myself in 1993/1994 from the following systems:
TCI Cablevisio, Vacaville, CA
CVI - Cablevision Industries, Long Beach CA (This was a Dual-Cable system)
donrey Cablecision, Vallejo, CA (This was a Dual-Cable system)
Continental Cablevision, Corona, CA
Inland Valley Cablevision - Hemet, CA (my hometown)
Dimension Cable Services, Mission Viejo CA.
And I *think* I might have some Prevue from Time Warner Cable, Garden Grove CA (Formerly Paragon) This was also a Dual-Cable system at the time.
I also have SNEAK Prevue for some but not all of these systems.
I had a "hobby" of going around to as many cable systems as I could to get thier Channel line-up cards and would record Prevue Channels whenever I went out of town with my parents to thier friends' places or whatever.
Everyone thought I was a freak.
The good ol' days of the Independent cable operators will be missed :-(
IMO The Cable Companies who had WORKING dual-Cable systems and disbanded the B cable were complete idiots...
Extra spectrum as far as I'm concerned...
;-/
In any case - I'll be posting these videos in about a month's time once I complete the process of going through all of my old VHS tapes.
Most will be in SP in hi-fi.
WeatherSTARIII

Post by WeatherSTARIII »

HBO3 wrote:Look for some videos of Prevue Channel soon that I recorded myself in 1993/1994 from the following systems:
TCI Cablevisio, Vacaville, CA
CVI - Cablevision Industries, Long Beach CA (This was a Dual-Cable system)
donrey Cablecision, Vallejo, CA (This was a Dual-Cable system)
Continental Cablevision, Corona, CA
Inland Valley Cablevision - Hemet, CA (my hometown)
Dimension Cable Services, Mission Viejo CA.
And I *think* I might have some Prevue from Time Warner Cable, Garden Grove CA (Formerly Paragon) This was also a Dual-Cable system at the time.
I also have SNEAK Prevue for some but not all of these systems.
I had a "hobby" of going around to as many cable systems as I could to get thier Channel line-up cards and would record Prevue Channels whenever I went out of town with my parents to thier friends' places or whatever.
Everyone thought I was a freak.
The good ol' days of the Independent cable operators will be missed :-(
IMO The Cable Companies who had WORKING dual-Cable systems and disbanded the B cable were complete idiots...
Extra spectrum as far as I'm concerned...
;-/
In any case - I'll be posting these videos in about a month's time once I complete the process of going through all of my old VHS tapes.
Most will be in SP in hi-fi.
I can't wait to see it. I love watching these old EPG, Prevue Guide, Prevue Channel, Sneak Prevue, and early TV Guide Channel videos. :D I even remember back in 1993, both my hometown in Peoria, IL and my grandparent's hometown in nearby Pekin, IL (a suburb south of Peoria) once had separate cable systems at the time. Peoria at the time had TCI (which later became AT&T Broadband, then Insight Communications, now Comcast) and the one in Pekin was Continental Cablevision (which later became MediaOne, then AT&T Broadband, later Insight Communications, now Comcast). At the time in my hometown, they already upgraded to the blue Prevue grid software, while in Pekin, their cable system still had the older EPG senior program since it even looked like the earlier Prevue Guide list software. Eventually around 1997 or so, my grandparent's cable system later upgraded to the Prevue Channel software. But, by the time when AT&T bought out TCI in 1999 and eventually MediaOne around 2000 or so, they eventually merged the two cable systems together and it had been like this ever since. I too also miss the days of independently-operated cable systems.
WeatherSTAR III:
Prevue Guide/EPG fan and classic Weather Channel fan
joseph_sobora

Post by joseph_sobora »

Hope to see those videos soon too! 1993 and 1994 were those times when I had cable and started recording more videos of the Prevue Channel. I wish I didn't lost those tapes. There was segments for "Prevue's Sportsscope", "Movievue", a Prevue Channel promo for Unused Newspaper TV Listings (Where they showed various clips of creating objects like making hats, coasters, confetti, paper dolls.etc with the Prevue Channel logo on TV in the background), other Prevue promos that have clips of Classic Movies and TV Shows with music and the announcer. Even a Prevue Networks ad with a Prevue Satellite at the beginning and in the end with the announcer saying, "In the coming of months, Prevue Networks will becoming the next generation of television!" While the Prevue Networks logo plays like the Prevue Channel ID with the Earth turning into an abstract globe and more. My Cable Company was "Sammons Communications, Inc." and lasted until it was merged and became, "Marcus Cable" in 1996. A few years later, it was now "Charter Communcations" after Prevue was already "TV Guide".
HBO3

Post by HBO3 »

Does anyone know what capture hardware/encoder that AriX uses to cap his LaserDisc content?
Or can anyone point me to a good capture hardware?
I'd like to be able to capture the stuff off of my tapes in uncompressed format and then compress to whatever after that.
Please - help!
=C=
AriX
Site Admin

Post by AriX »

Chris wrote:Hi! It's been a while! I figured out what my user name was. On a whim, I decided to try my name. Bingo! Anyway, I was looking through old tapes and found 18 minutes' worth of Viewer's Choice PPV footage, and about half-an-hours' worth of the Prevue Channel from 2/13/95. So I posted it on YouTube. Some of the music they used matched 3rd party crap thing, but luckily, YouTube has this thing that mutes it out for you. Anyway, here's the link to about 24 minutes' worth. It seems to go to the end of the tape, but I would guess that I stopped it with about 2 minutes left or so until the end of the tape. (I put it on DVD first because the Prevue Guide is cooler. :D http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yi58s-FZMaU
This is awesome, thanks for posting!
HBO3 wrote:Does anyone know what capture hardware/encoder that AriX uses to cap his LaserDisc content?
Or can anyone point me to a good capture hardware?
I'd like to be able to capture the stuff off of my tapes in uncompressed format and then compress to whatever after that.
Please - help!
=C=
Very excited to see your videos! I used an EyeTV Hybrid plugged into my Mac to capture my LaserDisc content, and plugged the EyeTV into my LaserDisc player via regular RCA cables. I think any capture card of reasonable quality should work. Also I think I have one or two LaserDiscs that I haven't captured yet - the discs and player are in Pennsylvania and my capture device is in California, so that's been an issue. Hope to get them up next month when I'm back on the east coast.
kwest93

Post by kwest93 »

Frogger 2011 Redemption Game By ICE and Raw Thrills Uses "Hopscotch" by Killer Tracks From 1997, The same one used on Prevue's soundtracks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MIS7yGWblNw