New youtube videos

Discuss the awesomeness of the Prevue Channel, Prevue Interactive, Prevue Networks/United Video Satellite Group, TV Guide Inc., etc. right here.
AriX
Site Admin

Re: New youtube videos

Post by AriX »

Matthew Joseph wrote:Here is another clip (even it is from April and May(uploaded), it is even new) from Buenos Aires, from January 1, 2000 (first day of 2000)
Thanks for posting! Unfortunately these clips are rather low quality, but this is clearly the "Prevue Junior" guide running with a LaserDisc player (as opposed to with a satellite feed).
Bolt96

Post by Bolt96 »

AriX wrote:
Matthew Joseph wrote:Here is another clip (even it is from April and May(uploaded), it is even new) from Buenos Aires, from January 1, 2000 (first day of 2000)
Thanks for posting! Unfortunately these clips are rather low quality, but this is clearly the "Prevue Junior" guide running with a LaserDisc player (as opposed to with a satellite feed).
There have been so many new clips lately it's hard to keep up with lol. But now I am a bit confused, are both the 1997 clip of the Primestar guide, and the 2000 clip aforementioned both considered "Prevue Junior" (with the 2000 clip just an upgraded version)? Basically what is the difference between the two guides?
woddfellow2

Post by woddfellow2 »

Siga con... (1996) HBO Olé

At about 0m19s, I found Prevue Channel (Amiga, not Prevue Junior) with Spanish localisation...
—xoddf2 | wlair.us.to
joseph_sobora

Post by joseph_sobora »

Here's a new one (Although, this is a reupload from the previous video)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=65W7Al2hm3I
joseph_sobora

Post by joseph_sobora »

Prevue Channel ID/Prevue Sports (1998) - Promo
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xkf28x

This was found on Vimeo under "Cable Networks and Promos 2" and I edited it together into one video and put it on my Dailymotion channel.
Bolt96

Post by Bolt96 »

Found a very interesting clip here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oeolMiEP1Yk

Seems to be the format of Prevue Guide matched up to the look of the Prevue Channel.
AriX
Site Admin

Post by AriX »

Bolt96 wrote:Found a very interesting clip here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oeolMiEP1Yk

Seems to be the format of Prevue Guide matched up to the look of the Prevue Channel.
Huh, that's fascinating.

This may sound like a long shot, but I wouldn't rule out the possibility that this was a software bug. It is clear that the Prevue Channel software, even the version we have, incorporates part of the old, 1988-1993 look of Prevue Guide - all you have to do is press escape while emulating the software, and you will see the same header format as the one shown in this video. In fact, in my experience with reverse engineering the software, it almost seems like the grid format was programmed over top of the old list format, and both are present in some form.

Either that, or maybe there's some hidden, obscure option, key-combination, or setting that would bring out the old list format. I will keep this in mind in the future when I get back to reverse engineering ESQ. (I have noticed that there are many more supported keyboard shortcuts than what we have discovered on these forums.)
JFR_SneakPrevue98

Post by JFR_SneakPrevue98 »

Looks pretty darn cool looking. Kind of odd to me that a Cable System would have 3 Pay-Per-View options. I haven't found any info on Action PPV.
Jed "Sneak Prevue Fan" Raybould
You're Watching Sneak Prevue.
joseph_sobora

Post by joseph_sobora »

I guess in some areas, Prevue Channel would have the same format as Prevue Guide but with the 1993 graphics.
nwgatwcfan

Post by nwgatwcfan »

Bolt96 wrote:Found a very interesting clip here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oeolMiEP1Yk

I live pretty close to where this video was taken and I remember that also in some Atlanta suburbs that they also had a guide that looked like this. I saw a report on WSB-TV channel 2 a long time ago about a cable rate hike for Metro Atlanta and they showed someone flipping through channels on their TV and this guide is what appeared.

I tried to find that video to post, but was unable to find it. It must've been one of those videos that I accidently recorded over.

Thanks,
Steven